Hello everyone. It’s Gail Lafleche, your Alpharetta-Milton Daily host. Let’s start this Tuesday with a quick guide to everything you need to know about current events in the city, including updates on:
- Yoga classes at the Alpharetta library
- Filming at the Perimeter Mall
- Johns Creek man received $100,000 for Shark Tank
But first today’s weather:
Today will be partly sunny with a high of 60 and a low of 38.
🏡 Looking for a way to differentiate yourself from other real estate agents in Alpharetta-Milton? Our exclusive newsletter sponsorships help you gain valuable attention and acquire new customers. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top stories in Alpharetta-Milton today:
- Are you interested in learning yoga? The Alpharetta Library has classes today from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. It will be taught by Ms. Dhatri and you will learn poses, breathing techniques and how yoga can benefit you! Registration is not required; Please bring a mat or towel and dress comfortably. (Alpharetta Library)
- The Perimeter Mall in nearby Dunwoody was evacuated last Friday after a food court shooting. Two men had an argument and both were shot. A man exited the mall after the shooting and was found by police at an apartment building on Pleasantdale Road. Both men were taken to Grady Memorial Hospital and were stable. The mall was open on Saturday with added security. (WSB TV)
- A Johns Creek man was paid $100,000 to develop a rope-throwing toy for Shark Tank. Austin Hillam, a student at Brigham Young University, and Stephen Fazio of Geneva, NY, attended an episode that aired December 9. The launcher is a length of cord that feels secure while flying at approximately 35 MPH. Fazio is a student at Georgia Tech and both men assembled the launchers in Hillam’s garage. During the show, they negotiated a $100,000 deal with Robert Herjavec and Kevin O’Leary, with a shared 20% stake. (Finger Lakes Times)
Today in Alpharetta Milton:
- 50+ High Beginner Line Dance class at the Preston Ridge Community Center, 3655 Preston Ridge Road in Alpharetta (11:00 O’CLOCK)
- 50+ MMM Soul Satisfying Meditation at the Preston Ridge Community Center3655 Preston Ridge Road in Alpharetta (12:15 p.m.)
- Avalon on ice at 400 Avalon Boulevard in Alpharetta (3:00 p.m)
- Alpharetta Open Mic Night in the Alpharetta library 10 Park Plaza (6:00 p.m)
From my notebook:
- Are you looking for a new job? The City of Milton is hiring a new Human Resources Generalist. This “position will be involved in almost every aspect of the city’s human resources, from hiring to benefits to wellness programs and much, much more.” You can learn more about this job here https://www.miltonga.gov/Home/Components/JobPosts/Job/99/30/. (City of Milton)
- There is a new construction project in Milton which could cause minor traffic delays.
“The Georgia Department of Transportation installs a “mini-roundabout with four-legged approach” at the intersection of Birmingham Highway (which is also State Route 372) and Birmingham Road/Hickory Flat Road. This will replace the current four-way stop near the Baby Publix complex and 7-Acre restaurant. “The project is scheduled to be completed in 2024. (City of Milton)
- President Biden plans to be in Atlanta next week on the day of Martin Luther King Jr. He will visit and make comments at the Ebenezer Baptist Church. GA Senator Rev. Raphael Warnock is the pastor of this historic church. (WTVC)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re in the loop and ready to get out the door this Tuesday! See you tomorrow for another update.
— Gail Lafleche
Do you have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Alpharetta-Milton Daily? Contact me at email@example.com